Friday, January 25, 2013

Coming into full cicle

This will possibly be one of my shorter blogs. I just couldn't wait to blog about this. So as most of you already know, I am taking this part of my life seriously (blogging, writing/filming reviews, my makeup facebook, youtube, etc). I am so motivated that I can't wait to go home and start reading my Lauren Conrad book and start blogging some more. I finally found my stress relief from work!

The reason why I wanted to blog today was because of a meeting that happened at work. Let's be honest working in retail isn't really icing on the cake, especially if you have been working in retail since 2007. Already in a happy mood because of all the inspiration I have been seeking, I felt like today would go smoothly. Little did I know one transaction would change my path to my career. No I am not saying that I will no longer go to cosmetology school, more like Im skipping a step. As I was ringing up a customer I noticed her huge Sephora shopping bag. I asked her what she had purchase since her bag was so huge! In my head I was wishing I had enough money to even fill the Sephora bag up.. OR to even just receive such a large shopping bag. She mentioned she just received Benefit products. THEN she reaches into her bag and hands me a Benefit "They're Real" mascara (FULL SIZE)! I seriously was in shock. I couldn't believe some random person was giving me her mascara. My coworker told the customer that she had made my day. I didn't hesitate to agree with my coworker. I even said it was as if she just asked me out on a date. As I was ringing her up and finishing up her transaction, we talked about how I was a freelance makeup artist and that I wanted to work in Sephora. AND WALAH she so happens to work at Sephora HQ! I asked about how I could even start out in a business like Sephora, she gives me her contact info and there we are ladies and gents.. on the road to success. I would never in my life ask some random person for their contact information even if it were to benefit me. I might come off all confident and driven but there are a lot of aspects in my life that set me back from showing my real potential. I was already red and teary eyed in front of the lady so what could go wrong? I went ahead and asked her for her contact info and hopefully I could get my foot in the door and start off somewhere! I would really love to be apart of their pro team and travel around the world and inform all my followers and viewers of the best products out there.

I know that the story might be a bore to some or not even as WOW as I describe it, but to those who really know me, know that THIS IS MY DREAM. I am finally living it and because I am so passionate about this topic, this lady's contribution still has me in shock. It's like someone up there is watching over me and leading me into the right directions. In case you have no idea of what product she handed me.. Here's a picture:


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a blessing! I hope all your dreams come true because you seem confident and motivated to be the best you can be! Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete